Re: 8210 and IrDa

From: Thomas Watz
Subject: Re: 8210 and IrDa
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 11:33:18 +0200

Am Dienstag, 3. September 2002 11:11 schrieb Pawel Kot:

> > >  o all irda related configuration (how do you run it,
> > > modules.conf, etc) o loaded irda modules when running
> > > gnokii/minicom
> >
> > gamma:/boot# lsmod
> > ircomm-tty             30144   0  (autoclean)
> > ircomm                 13180   0  (autoclean) [ircomm-tty]
> > irtty                   7296   2  (autoclean)
> > serial                 44128   1  (autoclean)
> > actisys                 1408   1
> > irda                  138060   1  [ircomm-tty ircomm irtty
> > actisys] [...]
>
> I still think irport is missing here.

I once tried this, but will do again.

> > >  o gnokii config
> >
> > gamma:/boot# cat /etc/gnokiirc
> > [global]
> > port = /dev/ircomm0
> > #port = /dev/ttyS0
>
> Did you try /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 here?

My dongle is connected to ttyS0

When I try ttyS0:

gnokii --identify
[...]
Couldn't open FBUS device: Invalid argument
Error in link initialisation
Telephone interface init failed: Function not supported by the phone
Quitting.

> > model = 8210
> > initlength = default
>
> make it 1.

O.k. changes nothing

> > connection = irda    #serial
> > bindir = /usr/sbin/
> > serial_baudrate = 19200 #115200
>
> Comment this out.
>
> use_locking = yes
> [connect_script]
> TELEPHONE = 12345678
> [disconnect_script]
>
> >  o gnokii --identify output with debug enabled
> >
> > gamma:/boot# gnokii --identify
>
> Could you try the tonight CVS?

Does it mean, I can try it now, or should I wait for tomorrow?

> pkot

Thanks,

Thomas