5165 info

From: James Gregurich
Subject: 5165 info
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 23:29:48 -0500

ok. i worked with trying to connect to the 5165 much of the day today and went through all the docs in the gnokii project folder. I see no information on connecting specifically to the 5165. I have no idea if gnokii simply won't work with the phone, or if serial connectivity won't work with it, or if my cable doesn't work or if I have something misconfigured.

Could someone explicitly give me an answer on whether or not gnokii should work with the 5165? I don't want to
waste any more time trying to beat a dead horse.

I updated my copy of gnokii from the CVS repository as requested. the error is still the same.

Does anyone know the baudrate, data/stop bits, parity, etc that I need in order to get a raw serial connection to the phone using getty or some other terminal app? I have scoured the web and the nokia developer website looking for clues on the necessary settings and
have found nothing useful.

thanks,
James Gregurich