Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)

From: Frank Groot
Subject: Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 21:15:17 +0200

Hi all,

First of all I am new to gnokii and irda.

Finally getting some results with gnokii 0.5pre, Mac OS X and my 6310i
All on my Powerbook G4-500Mhz.

Some steps :

- install gettext with fink
- copied headers in gnokii 'includes' folder. (too lazy to change system settings)
- after /sw/bin/gettextize copied mentioned m4 files to gnokii dir
- sh autogen.sh --without-shared --disable-nls (gettext could not be used as statically linked lib as far as I understood. Needed gettext for the definition of the AM_GNU_GETTEXT macro)

in .gnokiirc :
port = /dev/cu.IrDA-IrCOMMch-b
model = AT
connection=serial

And indeed I could read my phonebook etc.

Now the unhappy stuff:

What i really like about my 6310i is the ability to store several phonenumbers and addresses under one name. Gnokii only mentiones the preferred number when downloading the phonebook.

Question:
I like to try the connection=irda setting. Indeed there is no documentation of Apple about the infrared port besides the usage as a normal serial port. What is the difference between using a normal serial port or the irda port ? Uses a gnokii irda special features not possible with a serial port protocol.
Or simply said :
If my irda works with model=AT ans connection=serial why not with model=6510 connection=irda ?

All tips and ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Frank Groot