Re: Can't make gnokii work

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Can't make gnokii work
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:50:48 +0200

"Pawel Kot" <address@hidden> writes:

> Certainly you miss recent version. What you use is more than 1 year old.
> Please also refer to the documentation what information is needed for
> us to help you with sloving problems.

Now I installed a gnokii 0.6.13 cvs version from:

 http://www.in.fh-merseburg.de/~jahn/

, but the result is the same as the old version:
the checking gnokii options `identify' and `monitor' seem to work,
but not the operative ones such as `getphonebook', `displayoutput',
`getdatetime' and `getsms'.
I hope the information I'm reporting is enough:

$ gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
IMEI         : 356657005008450
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia 6630
Product name : Nokia 6630
Revision     : V 04wk47_m_v5

$ gnokii --monitor
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
Entering monitor mode...
RFLevel: 8
Battery: 96
Power Source: battery
Network: Telecom Italia Mobile (Italy), LAC: 46c1, CellID: ae23
CALL0: IDLE
CALL1: IDLE
RFLevel: 8
Battery: 96
[...]

$ gnokii --getphonebook SM 1
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
Error: Unknown error - well better than nothing!!

$ gnokii --displayoutput
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
Error: Command called isn't implemented in model.

$ gnokii --getdatetime
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
Error: Command called isn't implemented in model.

$ gnokii --getsms SM 1
GNOKII Version 0.6.13
GetSMS SM 1 failed! (Command failed.)

. This is my ~/.gnokiirc:

[global]
port = /dev/ttyACM0
model = AT-HW
#series60
initlength = default
connection = serial
use_locking = yes
serial_baudrate = 19200
smsc_timeout = 10

[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/sbin/

[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678

[disconnect_script]

[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

. My system is GNU/Linux Debian 3.1 kernel 2.4, my phone is a
Nokia 6630 plugged via USB cable, of which I wish to read and copy
phonebook and sms.

Thanks,
Rodolfo