Re: [open-cobol-list] Introducing myself...(line numbers)

From: Alain Lucari
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Introducing myself...(line numbers)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:49:40 +0200

John,

Nothing is "perfect" ... But O-C is the better you can have for free
or, even, with dollars.
In a old time I have used M-F and Acu and they are not PERFECT :
you must correct your program in order to use one or the other.
O-C try with his flavours to help anybody to compile program writed
with no_correction : this is too much for me, if you want to use a
compiler YOU must do what you do for use it.

About five years ago I try to use Tiny (thanks Rildo for his work)
but, sometimes some programs do'nt compile without any message
(because the same name in a copy and the working-storage-section,
most of the times MF and Acu accept that and take what ?)

In a first time, I have used O-C just for discover "where is the
problem" and after found, correct the mistake and compile with tiny.
After, I have worked a little with keisuke and explain where are
some problems for cobol program. Keisuke don't know Cobol but is
very good in C and I well know cobol and can explain where are some
problems.
At this time, I have about 660 programs totalizing 237 000 lines
running in production with O-C 0-23.19 because I have well tested,
with PostgreSQL with my own interface, on about 40 PCs.

Seriously, is somedody using NOW Accept/Dispalay at line/column ?
the worst thing I know.
If someone is interested I can send my "Eclair" product, really
better, free and the interface with pg also ...
BUT you must work a little : free or paying, nothing is without
a less of work ;-))

Be cool : now line/column is deprecated, use php or java, perhaps
with some money ... or most work.

Because my bad english (U.S) and the time for write with it,
I don't post too much, but yours asks are too out_of_date for me.
But, if you write french, you can post to me in it ... ^-(

Regards,

Alain Lucari (Eurlix)
Je sais pourquoi tant de gens aiment couper du bois.
C'est une activité où l'on voit tout de suite le résultat. Einstein.