[open-cobol-list] Introduction: btiffin

From: Brian Tiffin
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Introduction: btiffin
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:04:28 -0400

Hello everyone.

I'd like to help out OpenCOBOL with some documentation.  The FAQ progresses as
well as a few examples.  Most of it posted to opencobol.org.

If you have any what needs doin'  hints, I'll try and write up something.  I'm
new and am no where near finished the back read of the history of OpenCOBOL.

Just so ya know, I'm a fan of programming languages.  Life's circumstance lead
to a multiple decade contract using polyFORTH, so it is one of the few
languages I can claim expertise in, but I try and keep up with as many as I
can.  REBOL is my current favourite, others include Icon, SNOBOL, C, Tcl,
oh ... lots, but mainly REBOL.  Not related to COBOL in the slightest, REBOL
is an acronym, the designer pronounces as rebel, for Relative Expression
Based Object Language.  But now I digress.  OpenCOBOL being the task at
hand.  :)

I'd like to ask the list if they have any debug utilities, such as hex dump
that they wouldn't mind donating the source code for.  Or idiom paragraphs?
Or fancy logos of hip dinosaurs in space gear?

Cheers all,
Brian Tiffin