[open-cobol-list] Has Anyone Tried Compiling OpenCOBOL on OpenSolaris?

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Has Anyone Tried Compiling OpenCOBOL on OpenSolaris?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:42:19 -0500 (CDT)

COBOL Fans,

Has anyone tried compiling OpenCOBOL on OpenSolaris? I've been checking occasionally on OpenCOBOL's progress. I was excited recently to notice that a SCREEN SECTION has been implemented. Now, if it only had embedded SQL ...

I'm currently running OpenSolaris Indiana:

SunOS Blaidd-Drwg 5.11 snv_93 i86pc i386 i86pc

and I'm not having any luck compiling OpenCOBOL. I've installed Berkeley DB 4.4 via the package available from BlastWave.org's IPS repository, which installs the library files in:

/opt/csw/lib/bdb44/lib

and the header files in:

/opt/csw/lib/bdb44/include

I've tried various settings for CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.  I currently have:

LDFLAGS=-L/opt/csw/lib -L/opt/csw/bdb44/lib -L/usr/local/lib
CFLAGS=-I/opt/csw/include -I/opt/csw/bdb44/include -I/usr/local/include

When I run ./configure with the above flags set, it fails with:

checking for BDB db.h version >= 4.1 ... yes (4.4)
configure: error: Include file db.h implies version >=4.1 but no library found

Any tips on compiling on OpenSolaris would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  Where can I find info on OpenCOBOL's SCREEN SECTION implementation?

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX