Re: [open-cobol-list] Embedded SQL (Was: Has Anyone Tried Compiling Open

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Embedded SQL (Was: Has Anyone Tried Compiling OpenCOBOL n Olaris?laris)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 07:49:44 -0500 (CDT)

Davide,

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008, Davide Grandi wrote:

Kevin Monceaux ha scritto:
Now, if it only had embedded SQL ...
Try that ...

   http://www.google.it/search?q=opencobol+db2

Okay, I tried the above search. It looks promising. Does anyone know of a version of DB2 that runs on OpenSolaris x86? I found the download page for DB2 Express-C, aka the no-charge version, but the only Solaris version it listed was an x64 version for Solaris 10. I'm running the x86 version of OpenSolaris.

I primarily use PostgreSQL, but am always willing to try other databases.

Has anyone tried Firebird's COBOL precompiler? I tried it with TinyCOBOL quite a while back, but it didn't work very well back then. I forget the exact details but I think it converted - to _ in some of the variable names so that one had to edit the output and fix the variable names before compiling with the COBOL compiler.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX