Re: [open-cobol-list] Has Anyone Tried Compiling OpenCOBOL on OpenSolari

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Has Anyone Tried Compiling OpenCOBOL on OpenSolaris?
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 19:48:15 -0500 (CDT)

COBOL Fans,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2008, Kevin Monceaux wrote:

checking for BDB db.h version >= 4.1 ... yes (4.4)
configure: error: Include file db.h implies version >=4.1 but no library
found

Never mind. It looks like I was using the wrong Berkeley DB version. I had two Berkeley DB packages installed on my box, IPSbdb4 which appears to be version 4.2, and IPSbdb44 which is version 4.4. I was trying to use version 4.4. After some manual configure script hacking I got the configure script to run, then when trying to build I got a pile of undefined symbol errors when trying to link against libdb-4.4. I switched to 4.2 and all is well. I got OpenCOBOL compiled and installed successfully and was able to compile and run a COBOL program.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX