[open-cobol-list] COB_SHARED_OPT on OpenSolaris

From: Kevin Monceaux
Subject: [open-cobol-list] COB_SHARED_OPT on OpenSolaris
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:47:30 -0500 (CDT)

OpenCOBOL Fans,

I recently installed OpenCOBOL(1.1.0) on my OpenSolaris box. Today while trying to compile COBcurses I discovered a minor problem. COB_SHARED_OPT got set to -shared but on OpenSolaris it needs to be set to -G. Looking at the configure script, which I'm a complete novice at, it looks like it sets COB_SHARED_OPT to -G on a Solaris host if $CC != gcc. On my box at least it would appear to need to be set to -G when using gcc also.

After getting that fixed, I'm now getting errors such as:

libcobcurses_codegen.cob:756: Error: syntax error, unexpected "Literal", expecting "Identifier"

on statements such as:

    WRITE GENWS-LINE FROM "        01  SCREEN-TEXT.".

I'm still searching for the cause of the above.

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net
http://www.WacoAgilityGroup.org
Bruceville, TX