Re: [open-cobol-list] How does our community work?

From: Robert Dörfler
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] How does our community work?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:43:55 +0200

Am 27.06.2013 um 07:28 schrieb Brian Tiffin <address@hidden>:

Patrick,

Correct on the dates.  Yes Keisuke started opencobol.org, and I now have keys.  The ad banner pretty much pays for the hosting, bills still to Keisuke.  We won't likely be patching Xoops if that is what you mean.  Activity has moved to SourceForge and I'm partly to blame for letting opencobol.org sit in the position it is in.  It needs to be set readonly, with a page stating so.  Don't want to.  Should.  If it can cause confusion, it needs to be rectified.  Don't want to.  Frickin' spam bots.

The page really needs some rework. It's confusing for new people who were
searching for opencobol. ( for e.g. the news are from 2007 ) Something more
modern like the homepage of  elasticcobol.com wouldn't scare new users. it
could be linked with the source forge stuff. Feel free to ask me if you need
some help :-)

Greetings,

Robert

PS: Patrick you're not the youngest on the list. I'm 26 :-P