Re: [open-cobol-list] Daydreaming about another language to emit

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [open-cobol-list] Daydreaming about another language to emit
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 15:22:25 -0400

On 10/05/2013 02:07 PM, Michael Anderson wrote:
Brian, GNU-Cobol is Awesome, the layering of multi-lingual application
development environment is awesome.

Patrick, I see what you mean, lets keep Dreaming.

Ever think about application development using speech recognition?

Hi Mike

Not exactly but I am interested in machine hearing.

I have participated in many hundreds hours of speech therapy now and I would eventually like to write software for speech therapists. A feature to visual speech would be pretty cool.

Another thing I might try my hand at is to rip out various parts of libcob and wrap them up for other languages, for instance STRING and UNSTRING. It might be neat to use various snippets from within other languages bit by bit and eventually have all the tools to emit code in other languages already written for the smart people who can write open Cobol internals.