Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?

From: Arne Babenhauserheide
Subject: Re: Geiser vs. guile-mode?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 09:41:55 +0100

Jose A. Ortega Ruiz <address@hidden> writes:
> we don't continuously evaluate
> what you write in a buffer.  writing something by mistake in use-modules
> would then pollute the whole namespace, invisibly if one later removes
> the use-modules subclause.  maybe that flymake/flycheck function will do
> that for you? (to be honest, it's not something i find natural, so i'd
> add it to geiser only if someone else contributes it and it's an
> opt-in).

Would it be possible to recognize when something is removed from
use-modules and to re-evaluate the whole file in a fresh REPL then?

Basically what I want is the quality of configuration-free
auto-completion I get in IntelliJ for Java. And I know that that’s a
very high bar. Avoiding the need for extra-actions is also important for
new users, because it reduces the amount of extra-actions needed to
start working efficiently.

Would it be possible to re-evaluate on save?
(defun re-evaluate-buffer () …)
(add-hook 'after-save-hook 're-evaluate-buffer)

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein