guix-devel

Re: Qt build problems after bump to 5.12.7

From: John Soo
Subject: Re: Qt build problems after bump to 5.12.7
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2020 05:23:20 +0000

Hi Guix and T G-R,

I think i verified that the upstream patch will fix the failing
freecad build at least.

guix refresh qtbase --list-dependents reports 377 dependents on qtbase though.

So that leads to option 1.

> 1. If more than 300 qtbase dependents currently build fine: apply
> the fix[0] to a separate qtbase/fixed package, and use it (on
> master) in all packages that currently fail to build because of
> this bug.  Once Qt 5.12.8 comes out in April (or we upgrade
> everything to 5.14), the /fixed variant can be removed on the
> staging branch.

My only problem is that I am not sure which packages are failing
because of the bug.  Any idea how to figure it out?

Thanks,

John