health

Re: [Health] Restore data to new installation

From: Yusif Suleiman
Subject: Re: [Health] Restore data to new installation
Date: Fri, 6 May 2022 13:50:39 +0000

Dear Luis,

From: Luis Falcon <falcon@gnuhealth.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 5, 2022 9:44 AM
To: Yusif Suleiman <yusifsuleiman@hotmail.com>
Cc: General GNU Health discussion and help <health@gnu.org>

Good morning, Yusif!

On Wed, 4 May 2022 20:26:34 +0000
Yusif Suleiman <yusifsuleiman@hotmail.com> wrote:

Although you could use any DB name, when doing a restore, the best is
to use the same database name as in the original, because the
attachments have the prefix of the DB.

Okay, I understand.

To create the db user associated to gnuhealth user, follow the same
steps as in the installation guide
See:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation#Creating_the_Database_User

I create the db user gnuhealth following the steps as in wiki.
# su - postgres -c "createuser --createdb --no-createrole --no-superuser gnuhealth"

However, when I try to restore the data I still got the error message.
# psql GNUTest backup_Fitrah_DB_2022-04-18_143054
psql: error: connection to server on socket "/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432" failed: FATAL:  role "backup_Fitrah_DB_2022-04-18_143054" does not exist.

I believe, something is wrong with me. Maybe I still do not understand this part.
Yusuf.

Happy & healthy hacking!
Luis