health

[Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab

From: Yusuf Suleiman
Subject: [Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2024 23:37:33 +0100

Hello,
I have suggested a Gnuhealth to be the HIS for the routing results reporting in
one pathology laboratory, and I have the following observations.

1. The results reporting template of histopathology lab is not the same with
other laboratories such as microbiology or hematology.
2. The routine procedures are also different.
3. The results reporting template can be modify to fit histology lab but only
if the institution is not offering other laboratory investigation such as
chemistry and so on.
4. Many institutions may not want to marge different departments/units test
reports in a single template.

With this, I am suggesting if possible, different templates for the major
laboratory departments or units can be created.

For example, at a point where we register for the services (under products
module) on gnuhealth like “urine culture”, we do select if the service we are
registering belong to imagine or laboratory. For that matter, major laboratory
departments/units (histopathology, microbiology/bacteriology, hematology, and
chemical-pathology) can come up, So that if I am registering “urine culture”, I
can select a microbiology in place of the laboratory that we do select.

This will allow for each unit template to be tag with all investigations under
a selected department.

Thank you.
Yusuf Suleiman

Sent from my iPad