health

Re: [Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: [Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2024 20:40:54 +0800

Yusuf Suleiman <yusifsuleiman@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I have suggested a Gnuhealth to be the HIS for the routing results reporting
> in one pathology laboratory, and I have the following observations.
>
> 1. The results reporting template of histopathology lab is not the
> same with other laboratories such as microbiology or hematology.

> 2. The routine procedures are also different.
> 3. The results reporting template can be modify to fit histology lab
> but only if the institution is not offering other laboratory
> investigation such as chemistry and so on.
> 4. Many institutions may not want to marge different departments/units test
> reports in a single template.

What does 4 mean?

> With this, I am suggesting if possible, different templates for the
> major laboratory departments or units can be created.

Do you mean a major laboratory departments or units map a report
template file? for example:

 1. histopathology > lab_test_histopathology.fodt
 2. hematology > lab_test_hematology.fodt
 3. ...

Or just let report template can deal with major laboratory
departments, with the help of IF directive in fodt?