health

Re: [Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab

From: tumashu
Subject: Re: [Health] Histopathology results reporting template vs other lab
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 12:22:32 +0800 (CST)

please discuss in below task in future.

https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?16494

--
发自我的网易邮箱手机智能版

在 2024-01-26 02:57:33,"Yusuf Suleiman" <yusifsuleiman@hotmail.com> 写道:
Dear Feng,

Sent from my iPad

On 23 Jan 2024, at 1:40 PM, Feng Shu <tumashu@163.com> wrote:

Yusuf Suleiman <yusifsuleiman@hotmail.com> writes:

Hello,
I have suggested a Gnuhealth to be the HIS for the routing results reporting in one pathology laboratory, and I have the following observations.

1. The results reporting template of histopathology lab is not the
same with other laboratories such as microbiology or hematology.

2. The routine procedures are also different.
3. The results reporting template can be modify to fit histology lab
but only if the institution is not offering other laboratory
investigation such as chemistry and so on.
4. Many institutions may not want to marge different departments/units test reports in a single template.

What does 4 mean?
I mean, combining different test reports in a single result template are mostly criticized by many health facilities. Example, to edit a lab_test_template.fodt to produce a blood count test, and same template to produce urine culture or liver function test.

With this, I am suggesting if possible, different templates for the
major laboratory departments or units can be created.

Do you mean a major laboratory departments or units map a report
template file? for example:

1. histopathology > lab_test_histopathology.fodt
2. hematology > lab_test_hematology.fodt
3. ...

I think this is what I mean.
1. Once you’re reporting cytology test or histology, the report will be on lab_test_histopathology.fodt
Likewise all chemistry results will go on lab_test_chempath.fodt., and so on.

I hope am clear.
Regards.
Yusuf

Or just let report template can deal with major laboratory
departments, with the help of IF directive in fodt?

For example, at a point where we register for the services (under
products module) on gnuhealth like “urine culture”, we do select if
the service we are registering belong to imagine or laboratory. For
that matter, major laboratory departments/units (histopathology,
microbiology/bacteriology, hematology, and chemical-pathology) can
come up, So that if I am registering “urine culture”, I can select a
microbiology in place of the laboratory that we do select.

This will allow for each unit template to be tag with all
investigations under a selected department.

Thank you.
Yusuf Suleiman

Sent from my iPad