Re: source code I/O troubles

From: Zachary Santer
Subject: Re: source code I/O troubles
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:39:12 -0400

What's your goal, here? Just to look at it, or do you want to modify
some behavior in particular?

I've never patched Bash, but you can look at how Bash syntax is parsed
in parse.y, y.tab.c, and y.tab.h.

Each command Bash calls, including builtin commands, generates its own
output. You can look at the implementations of Bash builtins that
generate output, like printf and echo, in the builtins/ directory.