Re: source code I/O troubles

From: Zachary Santer
Subject: Re: source code I/O troubles
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 15:39:38 -0400

You can display that information in your prompt by adding '\#'' to your PS1
variable.[1] You can set custom prompt string variables in your .bashrc
startup file to have that change persist.[2]

I've never really messed with custom prompt variables, but I'm sure there
are more complex things you can do, if you want to get into that.

In general, you are much better off doing anything other than forking your
own version of Bash itself, if you can stand it.

[1]: Controlling the Prompt (Bash Reference Manual)
<https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Controlling-the-Prompt.html>
[2]: Bash Startup Files (Bash Reference Manual)
<https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Bash-Startup-Files.html>

Zack