Re: Undefined symbol when loading g++ created library

From: Paul Pluzhnikov
Subject: Re: Undefined symbol when loading g++ created library
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:00:22 -0800

Adam Nielsen <a.nielsen@shikadi.rem.ove.net> writes:

> Well at any rate it's the mangled version of RootClass:
>
>   plugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8RootClassC2Ev

Hmm. Are you (mis)typing this instead of cut/pasting?

The '_ZN8RootClassC2Ev' is not a valid mangled symbol at all;
the '_ZN9RootClassC2Ev' is "RootClass::RootClass[not-in-charge]()"
constructor.

>> If that's what you did, please try to construct a trivial compilable
>> example, and provide *exact* compile and link lines and gcc and OS
>> versions.
>
> If this is unexpected behaviour I'll see if I can do that.

Yes, this is unexpected.

You should begin by running 'nm Main | grep RootClass'
and verifying that there is a definition of this constructor in
Main to begin with (if there isn't, -rdynamic wouldn't make a
difference -- you can't export what's not defined).

Cheers,
Remove /-nsp/ for email.