Re: Undefined symbol when loading g++ created library

From: Adam Nielsen
Subject: Re: Undefined symbol when loading g++ created library
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 09:59:55 +1000

> >   plugin.so: undefined symbol: _ZN8RootClassC2Ev
> Hmm. Are you (mis)typing this instead of cut/pasting?

Nope, that was a cut and paste and I just double checked it - that's
exactly what dlerror reports.

> You should begin by running 'nm Main | grep RootClass' and verifying
> that there is a definition of this constructor in Main to begin with

Like Robert suggested, I think this is the problem.  There are a bunch
of RootClass symbols in Main, but I don't really know what I'm looking
for.  The C2Ev one's not there, but there are a few others that are
close:

  _ZN8RootClassC[12]ESs
  _ZN8RootClassD[012]Ev
  _ZT[ISTV]8RootClass

I did however just try adding some dummy code to Main to call every
single constructor in RootClass, just to make sure the code was being
included, however this didn't make a difference...!

Thanks,
Adam.