Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 11:41:11 +0200

On Mon, Aug 26, 2024 at 03:09:08PM +0200, Rudolf Adamkovič wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> I would like to have a Texinfo navigation bar as follows:
>
>     Up: PARENT-SECTION   [Top] [Contents]
>
> To get it, I wrote the following `texi2any-config.pm' file:
>
>     package Texinfo::Config;
>
>     texinfo_set_from_init_file(
>         SECTION_BUTTONS,
>         [['Up', 'section'], ' ', 'Top', 'Contents']);

As a side note, a button specification like ['Up', 'section'] is not
documented anymore and should not be used starting in 7.2.  This is
because it is unlikely to be useful with the default navigation panel
list and could even be confusing.  The code will stay as is until we
find something better to do with this case.  An example of something
better, though maybe too complicated could be ['Up', 'Up: {section}'].

--
Pat