Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: How to add "Up:" to Texinfo navigation bar?
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 14:37:09 +0200

On Thu, Aug 29, 2024 at 12:27:26AM +0200, Rudolf Adamkovič wrote:
> Patrice Dumas <pertusus@free.fr> writes:
>
> It took me additional couple of hours to figure out:
>
>   my $node_direction = 'Node'.$direction;

I am surprised that it using the node up NodeUp direction instead of the
section up Up direction changes the href.  I haven't tested, but unless
there are nodes without associated sections, it should be the same.

> This is definitely the longest it took me to add a button! :)
>
> [One afternoon before I asked, and then one after that.]

Maybe better documentation could help, right now it may be too sparse.
That being said, some difficulties are inherent, as coding using a
peculiar API is needed, which necessarily requires time to understand.

--
Pat