[iiwusynth-devel] LADSPA integration: 'early' warning

From: Christian Nentwig
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] LADSPA integration: 'early' warning
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:44:46 +0100

Hello,

you mentioned a while ago, that you were considering integration with
LADSPA.
Now I have implemented that myself. It's already fully functional, but
I'd prefer to spend some more time testing before submitting the code.

I have written some (short) documentation:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/millisampler/Iiwu_LADSPA_Link.pdf

Could you please have a look at the text and think about, how this fits
into the 'big picture'? And is there anything that is (too) unclear in
the text?

I hope that I'll have the code ready soon, maybe tomorrow.
It is quite self-contained, there are only a couple of lines that have
to be added to Iiwusynth (3 command-line commands, one variable, a call
in the synthesis loop, a library in configure.in and two files in
Makefile.am).
An open question is still how to handle LADSPA on other operating
systems. I think we'd have to add an option to the configure script,
something like '--enable-LADSPA'. Or is there LADSPA for Windows / Mac?
('L' => Linux?)

Regards

Markus