[iiwusynth-devel] Sounds good :)

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Sounds good :)
Date: 28 Mar 2002 23:14:53 -0700

Just checked out the current CVS. iiwusynth is sounding really good! I
have found very few instruments that cause it to throw up, emit
unexpected pops or throw gobs of full output white noise. A lot less
problem instruments than before. Looks like you fixed a lot of the
filter stuff, Peter.
I do notice that there is still the problem with the filter not being
enabled when the Q is 0. As far as I know it should be enabled, there
just won't be a "bump" in the frequency response at the resonant
frequency.
It also appears that Warbling Bird 2 (Bank 0 Preset 117) of the Vintage
Dreams font is still quite messed up. Now instead of white noise it just
emits a low popping gurgling sound and eventually peters out, where apon
the synth appears broken afterwords and will only emit that sound with
all other instruments. Interesting feature :) It appears to have
something to do with the LFO modulating the Filter FC when the initial
Filter FC is set low (filter FC not being clipped in LFO calculation?)

In case you haven't thought of it. Swami might come in handy for testing
different parameters with iiwusynth. I don't have a synth reset button
yet though, so when it craps (like in the case of the Warbling Bird 2)
you have to restart the app. Anyways. I'll post to this list again when
I do another significant CVS update to Swami. Cheers.
        Josh Green