Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Newbie getting warnings and pops/clicks

From: Ken Ellinwood
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] Newbie getting warnings and pops/clicks
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:12:23 -0800 (PST)

Excellent.  Thank you!

I tried doubling the default buffer and fragment sizes, and also enabling
set-UID for iiwusynth.  Both were very effective.  Especially set-UID in
regards to the warnings.  In fact, the first time I started the synth after
doing so, I thought that something was wrong since it produced no output at
all.  I think it would be nice to add a command line option which would enable
some user friendly command line interaction, like so:

iiwusynth --command-line-prompt --midi-device=/dev/midi00 jonnypad6.sf2
Welcome to iisusynth.  Not sure what to do next?  Try 'help' or 'help all'.
synth>

Ken