Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] ridiculous question
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:05:43 +0100

I forgot to include the mailing-list in my reply to Alexandre. P.

----

Hi Alexandre,

That's not a ridiculous question!

I've always been of the opinion that fluidsynth/iiwuynth should be a
soundfont only synthesizer. So no Akai sample support.

However, the solution may be Josh Green's libInstPatch and Swami.
If libInstPatch could import AKAI sample and export them to iiwusynth as
a soundfont, than that may solve the problem.

Josh? Any opions on this?

Do you currently have an RPM of iiwusynth? Would you be interested in
making it available? We would like to make a
stable, binary release near the end of the month of FluidSynth (= IIWU
Synth renamed). It would be nice to have an RPM available, as well.

About the documentation, I hope this will improve soon as we open a
new web site at www.fluid-synth.org. Documentation is part of our
wicked master plan to take over the world ;)

Cheers!
Peter