koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] LibLime 2.4 RM Proposal

From: Andrés Tarallo
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] LibLime 2.4 RM Proposal
Date: Fri May 6 09:22:55 2005

Joshua:

I'm browsing your proposal. I'm not a core developer but this are my two cents: As we're diving into the code we find many repeated code. On the other hand I think that Koha will gain a lot if it get rid of the non marc database.

About speed: We have gained a lot with mod_perl. I encourage others to test it and make improvments.

We're currently developing extensions and bug fixes needed by our library. Many of ths extension might colide with the Argentinian developed code, but we couldn't wait till they decide to let others access to their code. It's a pity, since we have similar requirments and we're very near from Buenos Aires and La Plata in Argentina (We're based in Montevideo, a few hours by sea from both cityes).

Andres

Joshua Ferraro wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've put together an informal proposal outlining Koha 2.4 development
should I be selected as release manager. It's available on LibLime's
wiki: http://wiki.liblime.com

The selections for things to do are based on:
1. features/bug fixes that NPL needs/wants
2. features/bug fixes that potential LibLime clients have asked about
3. things I've thought about or the community's talked about

I still have content to add and some of the content will need to
be expanded by the community (such as the roles section), but I
thought I'd get it out there for folks to look at.

Let me know what you think.

Joshua