koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] LibLime 2.4 RM Proposal

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] LibLime 2.4 RM Proposal
Date: Mon May 9 02:03:26 2005

Andrés Tarallo a écrit :
Joshua:

I'm browsing your proposal. I'm not a core developer but this are my two cents: As we're diving into the code we find many repeated code.

That problem is hard to avoid with source developped by many people.
It can partially be solved with a solid API & API documentation (which we have only partially, I agree)

On the other hand I think that Koha will gain a lot if it get rid of the non marc database.

I'm not sure at all. You must remember Koha is multi-MARC, so, a "title" may be in different places. It is very CPU consuming to search everytime "where is the title ?". It's better to store it definetly during biblio adding process.

About speed: We have gained a lot with mod_perl. I encourage others to test it and make improvments.

could'nt give it a try. But still expect to be able to one day...

We're currently developing extensions and bug fixes needed by our library. Many of ths extension might colide with the Argentinian developed code, but we couldn't wait till they decide to let others access to their code. It's a pity, since we have similar requirments and we're very near from Buenos Aires and La Plata in Argentina (We're based in Montevideo, a few hours by sea from both cityes).

Everybody agrees on this, hélas...

--
Paul POULAIN