koha-devel

[Koha-devel] koha 2.4 tools & requirements

From: Paul POULAIN
Subject: [Koha-devel] koha 2.4 tools & requirements
Date: Mon May 9 02:14:25 2005

Reading joshua proposals for search in 2.4 (http://wiki.liblime.com/doku.php?id=koha24rmnotes)

I see many improvements that are interesting for everybody & "easy" to add with our actual tools (& some that are already done in CVS ;-) )

my question is : should we add some technical requirements to Koha 2.4 ? things like Perl modules or non-perl modules (like yaz, that is a requirement for z3950 client & server) ?

I think we should be very careful in "components" selecting. Koha is hard enough to set up, we should not make is harder.

(for example : did Plucene need something else that Plucene.pm package ? cpan.org was not clear to me)

--
Paul POULAIN