koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Ok that wasn't the real time for the meeting

From: Dorian Meid
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Ok that wasn't the real time for the meeting
Date: Tue May 17 06:56:41 2005

Once again I cannot join at this time, but I have a few points which i
would propose for a discussion:
While translating I found the use of <input type=button> tags very
uncomfortable. The submitted value, which is sometimes important for
the script, is also the label on the button. With <button type=submit>
tags you can label the button separatly from the submit value. I
propose changing this not only in the translations where needed, but
also in the english version.
Second I found that the items to be held in virtual bookshelfs are
referenced by their barcode, which isn't a good idea. It is practical
to have the oportunity to fill a virtual bookshelf by barcode (i.e.
scanning a collection someone has made) but for the user there is no
need to get the exact copy of a biblio when choosing a book from a
virtual bookshelf.
Third I sometimes had to hardcode the currency in the translation.
I was choosing € (EUR), since most of the German speaking countries
use EUR, though not all. So I propose the improovment of the
currencies handling in Koha. E.g. one "home currency" for each branch
which is to be displayed by default and the possibility for foreign
users to adjust their currency and have it displayed in addition to
the home currency.

That's all for the moment.

Dorian