koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] form buttons Vs simple links

From: Pierrick LE GALL
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] form buttons Vs simple links
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 16:35:15 +0200

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 06:04:40 -0800
Joshua Ferraro <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 03:50:24PM +0200, Pierrick LE GALL wrote:
> > I've started to work on Koha HEAD templates and my first remark is
> > about links. Why links are replaced by form buttons? This
> > construction is complicated and against semantic.
>
> Are you working with PROG templates?

Of course I am. We said only PROG was correct on HEAD.

> > In my opinion, for action links, we could have icons. [...]
>
> The only problem with icons is that they often include text which must
> be translated. If you can find icons that won't include text to
> include I'm all for it.

Icons without text? That's what we work with everyday (or do I miss
something?). See some beautiful samples in Tango project gallery page
[1] or in Jakub Steiner presentation page [2].

In the following sample screenshot [3], I use icons from Jakub Steiner.

[1] http://tango-project.org/Tango_Icon_Gallery
[2] http://jimmac.musichall.cz/i.php
[3] http://le-gall.net/pierrick/images/pwg_admin_sample.png

Cheers,