koha-devel

[Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: [Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 21:34:41 -0500

Hi folks,

Happy new year everyone! As you may be aware from the huge volume of
commits[1], several of the Koha development team members have been grinding
away at getting 3.0 ready for general release, and the good news is that we're
getting there; Major Kudos to the whole team!

So with that in mind, I'd like to schedule an Alpha release of Koha 3
this Friday,
January 4th. There are a few remaining acquisition, circulation and serials
issues I'd like to get wrapped up before that happens; I'd also like to give
the French team enough time to get the fr-FR translation polished up.

For now, here's a teaser from the "Release Notes":
-----------
This alpha release of Koha 3.0 will be followed by a beta release on Feb 1,
2008, including fixes to the following components:

  * General Bugfixing (everyone)
  * New API for item management (gmcharlt)
  * MARC21 Authorities (gmcharlt)
  * I18N/L10N, BiDi, lang detection (kados)
  * OPAC Templates re-design (oleonard)
  * Documentation and Translations (everyone)

The final stable release of Koha 3.0 is slated for March 1 2008 and will
include bugfixes to 3.0 beta.

Subsequent releases of 3.0 will be bugfix releases, and won't include any new
features.

New features will be available in Koha 3.2 and subsequent releases.

As always, any questions, comments, feel free to let us know.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Ferraro
Koha 3.0 Release Manager