koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha

From: Galen Charlton
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:19:31 -0600

Hi Paul,

On 1/2/08, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> could you give is some details on what the following topic means exactly
> (what you have in mind) :
>
> >   * New API for item management (gmcharlt)

The main issue I'm addressing is that the current item functions,
particularly ModItem, do not guarantee that changes to the items item
are reflected in biblioitems.marcxml and biblioitems.marc for indexing
purposes.  In addition, there are currently several (mostly
circulation) scripts where an SQL update to the items table is done
without subsequently update the MARC XML.

I intend to replace all remaining direct SQL inserts and updates to
the items with calls to revised AddItem and ModItem routines.  I will
also make sure that SQL selects from the items table will always have
the most current data by removing any places in the code that modify
embedded item information in the biblio MARC without updating the
items table.

Regards,

Galen
--