koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha

From: Joshua Ferraro
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] Release Date for Koha 3 Alpha
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:12:49 -0500

On 1/2/08, Paul POULAIN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Joshua Ferraro a écrit :
>
> > This alpha release of Koha 3.0 will be followed by a beta release on Feb 1,
> > 2008, including fixes to the following components:
>
> could you give is some details on what the following topic means exactly
> (what you have in mind) :
Certainly ...

> >   * New API for item management (gmcharlt)
I'll let Galen expand on this API change (which may actually make it into the
Alpha in fact). The core issue is that with the current design, there is no
assurance that the items table is held as authoritative for all
database changes.
This minor re-design will resolve that issue completely.

> >   * I18N/L10N, BiDi, lang detection (kados)
The main component here is a regex that does language string detection of
RFC4646, which allows us to determine, from the language string, certain
characteristics of the language that's loaded (such as BiDi, BiDirectionality
in Arabic, Hebrew, and other scripts, etc.). There is a brief overview of this
functionality here:

http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=en:development:kohai18n

> >   * OPAC Templates re-design (oleonard)
The OPAC templates, and the OPAC in general will be be brought up to the
same level of conformance to our coding and style guidelines. The goal is
that the OPAC will be fully functional, and fully XHTML compliant, etc., without
any need to do local customization.

Cheers,

address@hidden |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS