koha-devel

Re: [Koha-devel] What Server Specs do YOU run Koha on?

From: Michael Hafen
Subject: Re: [Koha-devel] What Server Specs do YOU run Koha on?
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:43:25 -0700

begin { horn_tooting }

For Washington County School District

Koha:
Customized 2.2.5 install
        Moved marc_word and marc_subfield_table to mysql InnoDB engine
        Semi-Dynamic link to MSSQL 2005 based Student Information System for
Patron Info
5 Elementary Branches
4 Secondary Branches
2 Office Branches

Biblios: 49888
Items: 97419
Approx. Issues / Month (Oct.): 13747
Approx. Issues / Year:  103346

Frontend:
Dell PowerEdge 2950
2 Core 2 Duo Xeon @ 2 Ghz
4 Gb RAM
60 Gb Hard Drive Raid1 SAS

Backend:
2 Dell PowerEdge 2850 Fail-over cluster shared with other software
2 Core Duo Xeon @ 2.8 Ghz
4 Gb RAM
2 FC NIC Fail-over to SAN based 100Gb Raid5 SAS

Rarely a catalog search will take a couple minutes.  Other than that
it's great.  This hardware will also run Koha 3 as soon as I'm happy
with it and have ported some of my customizations.  I'll put Zebra on
the frontend.