Re: Hurd and microkernels

From: Kristoffer Nyborg Gregertsen
Subject: Re: Hurd and microkernels
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:37:25 +0200

Pierre THIERRY wrote:
Isn't QNX a closed source ยต-kernel on which one build it's system?

Curiously,
Nowhere man
No, QNX is a complete real-time operating system. Neutrino is it's microkernel (in newer versions) and there are many servers working around it (doing the same as the Hurd I guess). You can choose to leave out some servers in your build, but I don't think you ever use just the microkernel.

---
Kristoffer Nyborg Gregertsen
SINTEF Applied Cybernetics