Re: Hurd and microkernels

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: Hurd and microkernels
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 11:41:49 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Bachmann" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 11:20 AM

address@hidden wrote:
I think building an own kernel instead, while it might be more work
(though I'm not really sure about that), would allow concentrating on
how *we* want the system to work, instead of following some microkernel
designers' ideas about how systems should be build... Might very well be
worth trying for a change.

I'm sorry, but we do have a ``micro''-kernel (mach), but I can't see the
benefits you're hoping for.
- --
- -ness-

Well Marcus and Neal have admittedly stated they don't have time to work on Hurdng at the moment and very few folks seem to want to ( or in my case lack the skillsets ) to do the hardcore Mach work, so what could it hurt?

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)