Re: Can we really think at a new OS design nowadays ?

From: Guillaume FORTAINE
Subject: Re: Can we really think at a new OS design nowadays ?
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 04:04:22 +0200

Benno wrote:
On Sat Aug 05, 2006 at 19:50:05 +0200, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
Hello,

Here is the start point of my reflexion :

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/l4-hurd/2006-04/msg00053.html

I believe that we can do extremely complex and reliable software with a few people, thanks to the powerful formal and design tools available now.

Moreover, I think that this OS has to support three key things to be able to survive ( an essential key to have a long term development ) : synergy ,transition & usability.

What does synergy mean, and why is it a key to an OS?

Benno

Synergy : have enough developers with a common goal to achieve it. ( to avoid dead-born projects )

Abstraction ( meaning rigorous formalism ) :

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=fr&langpair=fr%7Cen&u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCB&prev=/language_tools

http://66.249.93.104/translate_c?hl=fr&langpair=fr%7Cen&u=http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%25C3%25A9thode_formelle_(informatique)&prev=/language_tools

To avoid these types of errors :-) ! => have a pure reliable ( totally bug-free os )

Best Regards,

Guillaume FORTAINE