Re: Take a Cup of tea : Part 2

From: Barry deFreese
Subject: Re: Take a Cup of tea : Part 2
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:23:24 -0400

Hello all,

I would like to forward to you my answer to Mr Brinkmann about cup of
tea

Guillaume wrote :

Hello Mr Brinkmann,

Sorry for the perturbation...

But I ask myself why the HURD project takes so much time to have a 1.0
release ...

Why did you choose coyotos that has only a commercial interest ?

Is there nowadays a real alternative to GNU/Linux & Windows ?

Uhm, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenSolaris, Darwin, need I go on?

You don't realize that you represented hope for many users in the
world ...

You didn't fully success ... But your knowledge in OS design is
unvaluable to us, the new generation of HURD-style OS builders..
Moreover, I would like to acclaim you to have booted the only
microkernel based-OS nearly usable ( graphics, network) by a wide range
of user...

The HURD community is hungry. We need well-defined goals, code and
leaders ...

For once, I agree with you :-)

The mailing-list is nearly empty, the l4-hurd cvs is frozen since many
months, coyotos doesn't build ...

I have decided to ask the help to many experts ( bart massey, rene rebe,
logic experts, HurdFR team, microkernel designers... ) to build a fork.

A fork based on what?  What's your goal?

Best Regards,

            Guillaume

Barry deFreese (aka bddebian)