Re: [libmicrohttpd] External select mode limited to 1024 FDs

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [libmicrohttpd] External select mode limited to 1024 FDs
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 10:49:57 +0100

Hi!

I had no plans for an 'external poll' API, as we have epoll() which is
better for very large FDsets (as long as you're on Linux).  Also,
redefining FD_SETSIZE is also IMO a very good possibility.

Regardless, select/poll with > 1024 FDs and external mode is likely not
the greatest idea from a scalability/performance perspective: if you
have that many concurrent / open FDs, you really want epoll() and
possibly think about using threads / thread pool for processing.

Happy hacking!

Christian