[libmicrohttpd] Transfer data from MHD thread ↔ Consumer thread

From: Bob Furber
Subject: [libmicrohttpd] Transfer data from MHD thread ↔ Consumer thread
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 20:41:06 -0800

Does MHD offer any features to facilitate inter-thread communication?

Like many others, my app may be flooded with requests faster than it can deal with them. And, I notice that MHD does a great job of queuing up thousands of requests.

But, my problem is that the requests have to be processed in a different thread and then, the response has to be handed back to the [hang-waiting] receiving thread to *MHD_queue_response*() the reply.

I suppose one could use a pipe, but, not only does that seem like overkill, but, MHD may already have a feature or sample code that handles this situation very well, given that this is far from a unique situation. Does it?

Any suggestions?

Thx