Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Software Contributions Made By Organizat

From: Rudolf
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Libre Software Contributions Made By Organizations
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 18:20:22 -0500

I was initially thinking about all the startups and small to medium sized businesses who are saving lots of money on licensing fees by using FOSS. Some of the startups have a significant amount of investment as well which they could occasionally donate to projects that they use.

Universities and non profits would be more about their code contributions and how they've been using it and then getting them to be more public and mention this on their blogs.

I was hoping to limit the scope of this so that anyone can take action. I've already sent out 4 or 5 emails and received 2 responses.

I would expect a larger organization such as the FSF to use their name to make this appear important. Ignoring an information request from the FSF or someone else who has a large web audience is a bad idea, right?

I'm not sure which other groups to contact to organize a larger campaign. The resources required for this are minimal and I would contact possibly any groups whose software is being used. Smaller projects may want to send an email that asks for a bit of recognition.