Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom respecting SBC?

From: Thomas HARDING
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom respecting SBC?
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 21:14:14 +0100

On 06/12/2015 03:20, Julien Kyou wrote:

I am in a position to make a 'Truly Freedom Respecting' Single-Board-Computer.
It would probably cost around 50 to 100$ (I'm want it at least twice as
powerful as a pi), and GPIO pins making it a good Pi alternative.
I Have no specs (or other details) for it yet, I am just wondering how much
interest there is (beyond myself of course).

General Purpose ? That's ok for me.

If you can ensure the whole chips don't need any closed blobs, and all I/O specs are fully disclosed (including eg video hardware acceleration and OpenGL 3d, wi-fi, captors, ... --- if any). Yes

I know single boards computers are trend-setting, but to get some pin bus like PC104 design (or Arduino) would dramatically enlarge use-cases (scalability) to industrial and domotic purposes.

--
Je suis née pour partager : non la haine, mais l'amour.
                                            Sophocle,