Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom respecting SBC?

From: Andrés Muñiz Piniella
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Freedom respecting SBC?
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2015 00:10:10 +0000

El 6 de diciembre de 2015 20:14:14 GMT+00:00, Thomas HARDING
<tom@thomas-harding.name> escribió:
>On 06/12/2015 03:20, Julien Kyou wrote:
>>
>> I am in a position to make a 'Truly Freedom Respecting'
>Single-Board-Computer.
>> It would probably cost around 50 to 100$ (I'm want it at least twice
>as powerful as a pi), and GPIO pins making it a good Pi alternative.
>> I Have no specs (or other details) for it yet, I am just wondering
>how much interest there is (beyond myself of course).
>
>General Purpose ? That's ok for me.
>
>If you can ensure the whole chips don't need any closed blobs, and all
>I/O specs are fully disclosed (including eg video hardware acceleration
>
>and OpenGL 3d, wi-fi, captors, ... --- if any). Yes
>

>I know single boards computers are trend-setting, but to get some pin
>bus like PC104 design (or Arduino) would dramatically enlarge use-cases
>
>(scalability) to industrial and domotic purposes.

Arduino [1] or Genuino compatibility would be great. Be it existing shield or
'cape' compatability. I believe Raspberry Pi has a similar thing as well.

[1] https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arduino#Legal_dispute

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk
Ham United Group