Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Article on GRSecurity, RMS, etc.

From: concernedfossdev
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Article on GRSecurity, RMS, etc.
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 13:04:52 +0000

It's all for naught on x86 however: both the Intel chipset and the AMD are
backdoored
(as we've known for years). ARM is also backdoored.

What does that leave? Elbrus from Russia (for 7k a pop) and Leemote from China?

It would be nice if an honest country would disregard the patents and just make
x86 clone with good performance. We've been stuck below 4Ghz for a decade now,
it's
not cutting edge research.

(Some more recent articles on the Intel hardware root kit (notice: AMD has the
same thing since 2013 on all chips, just named differently)
https://soylentnews.org/article.pl?sid=16/06/20/0226242
https://hardware.slashdot.org/story/16/06/15/1835227/intel-x86s-hide-another-cpu-that-can-take-over-your-machine----you-cant-audit-it

Could you ask PaX/Grsecurity what they think of these things?