Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State

From: Andri Effendi
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 05:27:00 +0000

Hi Libreplanet,

This is a really sad time in America.

People should be able to attend these events regardless of their
cultural background.

The only reason I can't attend, is because of travel and costs.

But for other people don't have a choice regardless of how much money
they have, simply for living in a country that is on an arbitrary BAN
List, this is troubling.

Canada does sound like a nice place as an alternative location, however
I think many folks from the USA would not be able to attend as well if
that was to be the chosen location for the same reasons I can't go to
the event in boston ($$$ costs).

Here is a suggestion.

If the FSF aren't already, consider different locations.

But also consider this...
I do think that this would be counter productive since that would be
subservient to Trump Administration Policy, and should only be used as a
last resort.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney, Australia

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.