Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State

From: johnny saylor
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] LibrePlanet 2017 and the Trump Police State
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 09:17:26 -0500

hi

On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 10:02:09 +0100
John Sullivan <johns@fsf.org> wrote:

> We're very frustrated with the recent changes to immigration
> policy, and have been discussing how they relate to the FSF's
> mission. One thing is for sure; we're very troubled by how the
> changes are interfering with our ability to bring free software
> movement members together.

thank you for this statement. the history of the fsf is filled
with examples of connecting matters of concern to software
engineers with larger cultural and political issues. i hope this
will continue.

also, as a nearly bostonian i feel lucky to be so close to
the fsf. but i can see a real need to perhaps relocate somewhere
else if the foundation is to continue it's international mission.
as we would all agree, there are dedicated and talented humans all
over the planet who could continue the work of the foundation
admirably.