[libreplanet-discuss] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WIKILEAKS, Vault 7: CIA Hac

From: Andri Effendi
Subject: [libreplanet-discuss] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: WIKILEAKS, Vault 7: CIA Hacking Tools Revealed
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 15:12:00 +0000

Hi Everyone,

Urgent call to keyboard arms!

Shocking new revelations of CIA hacking tools in software used by
everyone, including us Free Software folk.

Please share this information with everyone who will listen, we really
need to bring the threat to our Privacy and the need for Free Software
that is heavily audited into the public consciousness.

This is not surprising, however it is really disappointing that what we
had feared is true.

CIA malware targets iPhone, Android, smart TVs.

Already suspected that this method would be used for hacking devices
that use end to end encryption, now we have more proof that it is.

"These techniques permit the CIA to bypass the encryption of WhatsApp,
Signal, Telegram, Weibo, Confide and Cloackman by hacking the "smart"
phones that they run on and collecting audio and message traffic before
encryption is applied."

Hacking smartphones is just the tip of the iceberg.

Please take a look at the full article here:
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

If you are on Twitter, I highly urge you share at least 1 tweet from the
@wikileaks release.

It is vital that we discuss this.

Kind Regards,
--
Andri Effendi <fusionman133@gmx.de>
Organiser of The Free Software Movement in Sydney

GPG fingerprint: 8438 138D ECDA 05E0 591F  F2B4 4721 0F03 AC24 DF73
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted.